Pick a language

This page is only available in French and English. However, the International Students section of this site displays both Spanish (ES) and Chinese (ZH) versions. You can get to these sections in their respective language by clicking either one of the following links: ES or ZH.

International students




Applications for the 2024-2025 English sector (Grade 9, 10 and 12) and the French sector (Secondary 3, 4 and 5) will be opened from November 1st ,until March 31st, 2024.

Applications for the Grade 11 and Grade 12 level are now closed*
*With the exception of applicants for the Volts prep hockey program.

Information request

Future students 

If you would like to know more information about the College's program, facilities, admission requirements and fees, please contact Gioia Brizic by email at gioia.brizic@collegebourget.qc.ca or by calling 450-451-0815, extension 1349. 


If you have any questions regarding your application status, please contact Isabelle Creusot by email at admissions@collegebourget.qc.ca or by calling 450-451-0815, extension 1610. 


Please note that to follow the program in French, students must have a minimum level of A2 in French -  reference Diplôme d'études en langue française (DELF).

Please note that to follow the program in English, students must have a B1 intermediate level in English - reference Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR

Step 1: Complete an online application by clicking FORM.
Step 2: Submit the following supporting documents:

  • A copy of the most recent school report (PDF format)
  • A copy of the final school report from the previous year (PDF format)
  • A statement of interest written in English if you are applying for Bourget College, or in French if you are applying to Collège Bourget (providing some information about the applicant’s current interests as well as what he or she would like to get out of attending the College)
  • A copy of the applicant's birth certificate (English or French translation required where applicable)
  • CAD $50 application fee (non refundable) payable through Flywire, an international payment portal 
  • An introductory video ** (maximum two minutes).  Please submit the hyperlink to admissions@collegebourget.qc.ca. The subject of your email must be your child's last name, first name and level requested



  • Introduction - First name, last name and age, and a few words about your family.
  • What school are you currently attending? What do you like about it?
  • Are you involved in any specific programs, activities, clubs or committees at your current school?
  • What are your passions, interests or hobbies?
  • Why do you want to come to Bourget College?
  • Is there a specific program you wish to participate in at Bourget College?
  • Tell us why you believe Bourget College should accept you

Step 3- Interview : in order to get to know the applicant and assess his/her English or French language oral proficiency, a member of our admissions team will arrange an online interview with the applicant.  

Have a College confidential reference form completed by a member of your school's teaching staff.

Additional information

Registration fees payment

After acceptance, a payment of $1,600 is required and covers registration costs including the application to the Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ). Collège Bourget accepts international payments through our international payment portal powered by Flywire. This portal allows you to save on bank fees and exchange rates and track your payment online from start to finish.

Forms and documents to be completed will be sent to you afterwards.

Obtaining the Acceptance Certificate of Quebec (CAQ)

Upon receipt of the registration fees, the college will apply to obtain an Acceptance Certificate of Quebec (CAQ) request for your child on your behalf. A list of documents to be completed or provided will be sent to you.

Once the application is submitted, it takes approximately one month to get a decision. 

Study permit and visa

All international students must obtain a Canadian study permit to study at Bourget College. Here are the two ways to proceed:

1.        If families choose to apply on their own, they can contact the Canadian Embassy/Consulate in their country.  The Embassy/Consulate will provide them with all the necessary information to obtain this essential document.

2.        Or the parents can hire an accredited immigration consultant registered with the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC) to proceed with the processing of the permit application. Once Bourget College receives confirmation of the Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ), this document is sent to you along with an official letter of acceptance and custodianship (Bourget College is the guardian of all its international students) as required by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

Processing time varies by country. Parents should expect this process to take 4-6 weeks or more after receiving the CAQ.  Processing times are updated on the Government of Canada website.

Study permits involve additional fees (consultation fees and/or embassy/consulate fees) that must be paid directly by the parents.

For more information, we invite you to consult the Canadian immigration websites at the following addresses

·      http://www.cic.gc.ca/

·      https://www.canada.ca/en/immig...

If an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) or visa is also required to enter Canada, families can apply for it after receiving the study permit.

Health and hospitalization insurance

You must have a health and hospitalization insurance for the duration of your studies in Québec.

You can buy this insurance yourself, making sure it is an international student insurance. The College can also take care of it. The cost of insurance is CAD $750 for the school year.

Information on the policy and coverage is available on this website.

Refund and cancellation policy

Once the student has registered, the notice of withdrawal must be done in writing and forwarded by email to the Registrar's Office at admissions@collegebourget.qc.ca.

  • The CAD $50 registration is non-refundable.
  • The CAD $1,600 administration fee is non-refundable even if the student does not arrive for the beginning of the school year or leaves during the year.
  • In the event that the study permit is refused, the reimbursement of $1,000 of the registration fees will take place upon presentation of the decision letter from the Embassy.

If a student leaves school after September 1st, for whatever reason, including expulsion, parents are financially responsible for paying all expenses incurred at the time of departure, as well as tuition and service costs until the end of the full month in which the services were rendered. For students receiving financial assistance, it will be applied to the last month of the contract when calculating the amount of any applicable reimbursements.

In addition, in the event that the student has already paid for the school year, all unpaid services will then be reimbursed in proportion to the days spent at the school, excluding tuition fees.